Saturday 15 November 2014

Chiltern Solicitors committing criminal offence!

As with all cases your Solicitor (data controller) will take charge of copies of documents pertaining to your case.  I needed to establish with Chiltern Solicitors which documents they have.  The reason for this is very serious and will be covered later.

I have a legal right to these document http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/personal_information

Further, they must be provided within 40 days, or an explanation at to why they cannot be provided must be produced.  I have now for many months (see below *to add) been requesting copies of my file from Philip Irvinson.  However, he continued to break the law in not providing either the documents or any reason for the not providing the documents.

Further Chiltern Solicitor were not registered as a Data Controller until the 17th Oct 2014.  This leaves at least 3 years in which they failed to register and the entire period in which I had dealings with them.    This is a very serious offence!  And I'd guess that the only reason that have now registered is that they knew I was researching their conduct.

 http://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/DoSearch?reg=537968

 "Under the Act every organisation (data controller) that processes personal  information (personal data) must notify the Information Commissioner’s Office,  unless they are exempt. Failure to notify is a criminal offence".  Taken from the Information Commissioner Office website

http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/guidance_index/~/media/documents/library/Data_Protection/Practical_application/a_brief_guide_to_notification.ashx

I'm shocked that a Solicitor can show such a disregard for the law, especially laws that are designed to protect their clients.  Again, I would also speculate that this criminal offence would invalidate their insurance.

Is it sensible to employ someone to get your legal affair into order, when they don't have their's in order?  I know for my it's been a huge mistake!

*Blog now submitted to google for indexing, oops should have been done months ago.

Details of communications in relation to document requested:

Email to Philip Ivinson 29/08/14:

"I have made many requests for copies of document from both yourself and Peter Ward and we still have made no progress at all  in getting them to me."

Email to Philip Ivinson 31/10/14:

"Also, you have not even sent me a copy of the requested documents.  This is highly unprofessional, if not illegal and is not in keeping with someone claiming they are keen to resolve matters. "

More to follow...






No comments:

Post a Comment